Nest Wifi Review
The Google Nest Wifi is Google’s latest attempt at mesh networking after its success with the Google WiFi. What the Nest Wifi does is finally take what customer always wanted with the Google WiFi – Merge Google Home and a Smart Speaker into its router. The Google Nest Wifi was released on November 4, 2019 and will cost you $149 for a single unit.
- Wireless Connectivity: IEEE 802.11s/a/b/g/n/ac, AC2200 2×2 Wi-Fi (expandable mesh; dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz, beamforming); Bluetooth LE
- Processor: 1.4 GHz ARM CPU (quad-core, 64-bit)
- Memory: 1GB RAM (Router); 768MB RAM (Point)
- Storage: 4GB flash (Router); 512MB flash (Point)
- Beamforming: Implicit and Explicit for 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands
- Ports: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet ports (Router)
- Dimensions: 110mm diameter, 90.4mm height (Router); 102.2mm diameter, 87.2mm height (Point)
- Weight: 380g (Router); 350g (Point)
- Google WiFi and Home are merged as one
- Impressive design
- Simpler controls
- Smart Speaker included
- No major performance increase
- Deeper controls got lost in favor of simplicity
- Inferior if you want more control of your router
One of the most noticeable changes with the Nest Wifi is the inclusion of the Google Assistant and a smart speaker – an upgrade that makes it worth it. It offers simpler controls for those who are new to a product like the Nest. It may not be right for the savvier of tech users who want more control over their router.
Top Review Videos
Important Notice: The author of this review does not earn income generated from this page and was only directed to provide an honest review of this product.