Amazon Echo (3rd Generation) Review
The Amazon Echo is a brand of smart speakers that connects to a voice-controlled AI personal assistant named ‘Alexa’ to make lives easier around the home or workplace. Now in its 3rd generation, Amazon tends to improve upon the quality of audio, the look of the device, and the better integration of Alexa. The Amazon Echo 3rd Gen originally came out in September 2019 for the initial price of $99.
- Size: 8″ x 3.9″ x 3.9″
- Sound: 3″ woofer and 0.8″ tweeter
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks.
- Bluetooth: Full support for streaming audio from a device to the Echo and for voice control of mobile devices.
- Power: Requires standard wall outlet
- Setup Requirements: Needs Wi-Fi connection and compatible control device (Fire OS, Android, iOS, or web portal)
- Improved audio quality
- Powerful for the price
- Softer design for rooms
Identical in almost every way to 2nd generation
Alexa is awkward to use
The Amazon Echo 3rd Gen is essentially the 2nd generation with some window dressing. If you’re looking to upgrade while saving some cash, this is preferable to the Echo Plus which will cost you $149. At only $99, you won’t be able to tell the difference between the Amazon Echo 3rd Gen and the Amazon Echo Plus.
Top Review Videos
Important Notice: The author of this review does not earn income generated from this page and was only directed to provide an honest review of this product.